Welcome to the official website of The Friends of the Bigelow Free Public Library in Clinton, Massachusetts. My name is Heidi Caissie and I am the current President of the Friends.
The Friends supports the Bigelow Free Public Library through fundraising, advocacy and outreach, and to spread awareness of the library’s mission, services and events. We help the library to be able to provide workshops, events, and resources to the community of Clinton, MA through our annual donation. This year, we were able to donate $8,000 to the Bigelow Library – the largest donation in the history of the Friends!
You can best support the Friends by joining as a paid member, making a donation, or volunteering with us. The funds we raise are donated to the library to use in a variety of ways. Below are some of the activities and projects we have been involved with and support – we expect this list to continue to grow:
- The library’s 2022 summer reading program “Oceans of Possibilities” was sponsored by the Friends. More than 100 children ages 12 and under registered
- We held two successful book sales in 2022, raising over $3,400 and adding several members
- Sponsored a live music event and co-sponsored a workshop
- Donated pickleball paddles to the library’s Library of Unexpected Items (LOUI)
- We had tables at Clinton’s Olde Home Day, and Volunteer & Beer Fest
- We published our first member newsletter
- In October, the Friends held a members appreciation dinner
- The Friends Board of Directors meet monthly to plan events and future fundraisers. We welcome any member of the Friends to join and share their ideas.
As you can see, we are doing great things and continue to grow. I would be delighted to have you as a new member of this great organization!
The Friends of the Bigelow Free Public Library